Today’s episode is all about the much misunderstood Section 8 program. We are discussing what Section 8 is, how it works, and how you can use it to maximize the performance of your rental portfolio. Plus Matt and Matt are sharing some insider secrets for locating and incentivizing Section 8 tenants to rent your property.
What You’ll Learn:
- What Section 8 is; and
- How the tenant qualifies for the program to get housing.
- How the money hits your account.
- The stigmas attached to Section 8 tenants; and
- Why the caliber of tenant has increased over the last several years.
- How Section 8 tenants compare when it comes to retention.
- What happens when a Section 8 tenant tears up a rental house.
- How the voucher system works.
- Why MA would rather have a Section 8 renter for $900 per month vs. a market renter for $1,000 per month.
- How MT’s property manager finds Section 8 tenants.
- How MA incentivizes tenants to rent with him.
- Get access to our revolutionary FREE guide, The 4 Hour Work Month – The 10 Commandments of Managing Property Managers.
- If you found this podcast helpful, please consider subscribing and leaving a 5-star review.
- Learn more about our hosts, Matt Andrews (of Real Estate Freedom and The Insiders) and Matt Theriault (of Epic Real Estate and Cash Flow Savvy).
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Hold That House podcast! Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!